Followers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Mommy Moments

Link up with Frugal Vicki over at Frugal Mom Knows Best!!  She’s come up with a great meme that lets everyone share their magical mommy moments!  Awesome idea!  Oh, and show her some comment love too!!

Mom-1-2-2

Gosh…I usually have something off-color or mind-blowing to report on my craz yass little lovelies, but for some reason nothing is coming to mind.  I think because I had to work 2 night shifts in a row which meant I had to sleep for 2 days while the kids were up.  Therefore, I missed a lot of the shit funny stuff they pull.  Actually, I missed THEM….

 IMG01104
IMG00069
Did I just say that?  Apparently I DO have a heart!!  Take THAT Tin Man!! 

Seriously, my Mommy Moment for the this past weekend was last night.  My body was still in the nightshift mode so I really didn’t understand why my spouse was getting his boxers all in a bunch over the kids still being awake and me just doing my thing…picking up toys, talking with the tween as she was getting ready for bed, tickling a toddler or two as I walked by even though the spouse was obviously trying to get them to settle down.  I felt like it was ohhhhh, maybe 8 pm or something. 

I was doing laundry, washing dishes, getting my stuff ready for work the next day….la la la…minding my own business when WHAM!!  The spouse lost it.  Literally.  He took Little Man off his lap, stormed into the bedroom where I was picking out my clothes for today, and said he was DONE.  I said , “done??”  He said, “as in going to bed, good night.”  Wow. 

He let Lil Lady snuggle in with him while I went and sat with Little Man to get him to settle.  Only then did I realize as I was searching the TV channel guide that it was 11pm!!  WTF was I thinking??  Keeping little ones up so late??? 

So I rocked with Little Man….and he chattered….and I rocked….and his eyes started closing.  He snuggled his arms up under the blanket and his Hippo pillow.  Then he looked at me….I could feel his big brown eyes on me but I was resisting looking at him because then the chatter would start all over again.

What did he do??  He took his little chubby hand, put it up to my face and turned my face to his and held it there.  Then he said, “Na-Nite”….smiled, closed his eyes and he was out.

OMG…do you know what a melting heart feels like?  Seriously….this little guy has me on the go from sun up to sun down…..he has me pulling out my hair…..gritting my teeth…cringing in fear….

Yet, he melted my heart with that gesture. 

And this is when I thought….I’m in love with my baby boy.

~_to_2010Mar07 247

This was my Mommy Moment.  

15 comments:

Linda Medrano said...

Awwww! Look at that little face! OMG, he's adorable!

Meg said...

Awwwww That's so sweet!

Anonymous said...

good for you. lucky girl

Kat said...

And you always will be :)

Kati Aileen said...

Awww how sweet. He is adorable. I love those little moments when you're little one makes you feel so special.

Tina said...

Your kids are the sweetest!

Lisa said...

SO jealous of you and that moment. My boys are way past the snugglie stage. It would be "akward" at best if I tried to curl up and snuggle with my 135 lb., 5'4" 12 year old man-cub. I think it might put him in a permanent fetal position. Sigh....enjoy while you can.

Frugal Vicki said...

Awww, what a sweetie. I love those moments. And don't worry, hubby and I have crazy weird schedules, so my kids are up until, even past, eleven a lot.

BNM said...

awww I seriously just teared up at the end of that post! How sweet!

Nicky said...

What a cutie! Incredible how they can transform the moment with just a couple of words!

Dual Mom said...

So cute. You described it perfectly, how you don't look at them under any circumstances when you're trying to get them to sleep!

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

most beautifullest moment ever

Kat said...

Such beautiful children...come and get your award (you already have one). You should have a second one. So I gave it to you.

Love you!

Kat said...

Also, come play the game at the bottom of my blog :)

gayle said...

So sweet!! My little grandson melts my heart too!!