Or is it Honest CRAP? I guess it depends on which blog you are referring to!! Regardless, I received this award from Lisa over at Forever In Mom Genes. This is an award I haven’t seen yet, and I haven’t received one in a while (I wonder if that’s because I am sooooo bad at reciprocation-not that I don’t appreciate each and every one of them!!) I am so proud to be the recipient of this award!! I am taking a bow now, and thanking Lisa from the bottom of my heart!!
The rules for this particular award are as follows:
1. Brag about the award. (I think I did that above…followed by a bow)
2. Include the name of the blogger who gave you the award and link back to that blogger. (check!)
3. Choose a selection of blogs that you find brilliant in honest content.
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with this award.
Simple enough….I can do all that, right?? Even with crazy toddlers at my elbow, pushing the wrong keys on the keyboard as I try to type? Yep, I can do that, and much more!! You should really see me in action! Sometimes the spouse is literally shaking in his boots!!
The first blog I would like to note is Kat’s!! Ohhh come on…you know why!! She’s my big sis, I love her and if anyone is Honestly Scrappy, it’s her! Go check out her blog, 2010 Year of Miracles!! She has “The Boy” living there and he provides her with some awesome blog fodder!! Love it!
Next is Linda’s blog, The Good, The Bad, The Worse. She always has a Hump Day With Harry post and I love it!! You see, Linda has adopted me…and my sis. I’m not sure she has adopted the rest of our families, but regardless, I get to go share
a room an apartment with Harry whenever I am ready! Yes!! A whole apartment!! She writes lovely posts, and can make you laugh even when you’re having a Holy Fucking Monkey Balls kind of day.
Then we have Tina’s blog, Awaiting Tranquility. The name says it all…aren’t we all awaiting tranquility?? I think I will be until the day I meet my maker!! Anyways…Tina needs to get on the posting band wagon just a little more often. Maybe if you all go on over there and
kick her ass give her some bloggy love, she will get it together. After all, she doesn’t have toddlers bothering her…only a wee little puppy, Lola!
Last of all…well, not LAST, but the last blog I will mention at this time (because I have just about had it with the toddler’s shenannigans at trying to get my attention here) is Sammy’s blog, To Unravel. I recently started following him over there because the first post I read had me in stitches. Seriously, 13 stitches right above my eye from falling off my chair laughing my ass off…..no, kidding on the stitches, but not kidding about the laughing. He’s funny…and so easy to relate to….and he’s got a gorgeous family. If you just go to go googlie-eyed over them, that’s ok, cuz really…they are beautiful!!
Oh shit….there is another rule for accepting this award. I didn’t know….I am sorry….I didn’t mean to rope you in the way Lisa roped me in….but rule #5 is…
5. List at least ten honest things about yourself.
Yep…go ahead…..screech and flip out…...I did….and still am…but I will do my best.
- I am a giving, loving, sympathetic, awesome human being.
- Wait, scratch that…I am supposed to be honest here. I am a neurotic bitch. Seriously, you can ask my spouse.
- I often get bent out of shape over the little things. Like finding a half eaten brown banana on the dresser in the toddlers’ room. Yes, this can put me into near convulsions.
- I also get crazy over a few little gotee hairs left on the sink top.
- Sometimes I blow a gasket over the basement that is left in disarray for me to clean up.
- The spouse thinks I have OCD. I beg to differ…I am just a very precise human being, and there is nothing wrong with that, for Pete’s sake!
- I’ve had several losses in my life that has left me fearful of letting people out of my sight for too long. If long enough has gone by and I haven’t seen my spouse, I literally scream in horror, “Where ARE YOU?????” He calmly says, “about 5 feet away in the bathroom, dear…”
- Both my spouse and I tend to hide in the bathroom for some alone time. It’s usually separately, but I’m thinking we should try hiding in there together. It might strengthen our marriage.
- I am a nurse and a damn good one. Wow…I actually said something positive about myself! I am impressed, are you?
- I hate bugs. All bugs. Big ones, little ones, green ones, black ones…ones that buzz by your ear when you least expect it. Ones that are stinky when you smoosh them. Ones that have like little suction cups on their feet so that when you try to brush them off, they don’t fucking move. Yes…all bugs disgust me.
Ok….there you have it. Thank you again, Lisa, for thinking of me when you received this award. You are da bomb!