Followers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stickies!!!

Oh Thank the Man upstairs that is letting me work on my Post-It Note Tuesday post!!  I don’t know why my laptop is deciding to work at the moment, but I am not going to question it.  I’m just gonna do what I love…and that is to make stickie notes!!

A big whopping lick-your-face shout out to SupahMommy over at Adventures of a WannaBe SupahMommy who sponsors Post-It Note Tuesday!!  Click below to play along!!


post it notes
So, a few weeks ago I attempted writing stickie notes to the people that I would really like to pitch in around the house.  As you may have guessed, THAT did not work.  This week I’m going to take a different approach.  Ready??

superstickies32


superstickies33

You see where I’m going with this??
 

superstickies34

superstickies35

superstickies36

I know, this is a long shot, but come on, People…..if the spouse and the tween won’t follow directions, I might have a better chance with the inanimate objects….ya never know.


superstickies38

superstickies39

superstickies40

superstickies41

You see, any time I ask someone to clean something up, I get the big answer-fail of “I didn’t do it”.  Of course not!!  Absolutely not…..the tween would never leave crumbs on the chair in the living room where she was sitting doing her homework, NEVER!!!  Oh, what’s that??  That’s right….she didn’t SEE them fall….

And the spouse would never leave breadcrumbs on the counter after making a sandwich…he was “just coming back to clean them up” when he saw me already cleaning them up.  And he would never go to bed without helping clean up the kitchen because he was “just about to clean it up” when he saw that I already had it handled. 

And as for the toddlers??  Well, I can’t really fault them for much, they are after all, still learning what they should or shouldn’t do.  But with the role models they have, I’m not sure they are going to learn the way I would prefer.  Like when the Dad gets them ready for bed (yes, he does pitch in at times) and does the manly thing of  “trying to make a basket” with their dirty clothes…yet misses….and leaves the clothes on the floor for the maid to pick up……Oh wait….we don’t HAVE A MAID!!!  You get the point??

superstickies45

Stop rolling your eyes!!  It’s true!!  I just have one more thing to say…

superstickies

….and she’s not coming back any time soon.  Sorry for your loss.

18 comments:

Dual Mom said...

I feel your frustration.

The kids I can give a small (really tiny) bit of leeway. The grown men.....not so much.

My favorite is "I don't clean because you always tell me I'm not doing it right". Well, I'm very sorry for crushing your f'ing self esteem - but since when did doing the dishes involve leaving food on the dishes? And that empty coffee cup you were "about to throw in the garbage" ... yeah I'm pretty sure I'm about to shove it down your throat.

No, I have no repressed anger...why would you think that?

Dee said...

Lmao...I remember my son using that line (I didn't do it)! So when he came home from school an the house was a mess I just said I didn't do it, when he asked about supper...I didn't do it!

He quickly learned to start helping me lol!

Anonymous said...

Tell your husband, "Dear, I knew you were just coming out to help me in the kitchen.........so I left it for you.

Tina said...

I always love your post its!!

Oka said...

so family typical, I feel your pain

Kat said...

Maybe you should send them to their rooms after a good talking to so they can THINK about what they did...oh wait? I don't know if you can do that with a hubby...hmmmmm? Yeah, do it. I would LMAO! I would do a lot worse!

Unknown said...

Good Morning! I'm a Sticky note Tuesday virgin just stopping by to share some comment love. Have a great day!

p.s. let me know if that works for the laundry. I have the laziest laundry ever!

Danielle said...

Those darn blankets drive me nuts. I think I spend at least 20 minutes a day picking up blankets.

BNM said...

OMG! I totally understand where you are coming from. grrrr...

Anonymous said...

Love this post...you speak for all of us as we've all been there at one time or another!

Jenni said...

Please tell me that worked for you! You might be onto something...I might have to try it. Let me know if it worked!

KristinFilut said...

I fight the same fight... I've resorted to believing in fairies - the housecleaning fairy and the laundry fairy. Sadly, I'm still waiting for them.

ClevelandPoet said...

makes the wifey rather frisky when I clean so I clean a lot now ;)

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

How did my husband come to YOUR HOUSE and say that line?

He didn't tell me he had another family.


" i was just coming in to clean it."

Butter knifes CAN cause harm you know.

GRRRR....

XOXO
SUPAH
thanks for the face lick !

Tricia said...

:) this made me smile

Anonymous said...

Let me know if those notes work! Cause that would be awesome!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'm with you, especially the toilet thing. Yuck. I hate that I always get stuck doing it. But if I have my husband do it, he just wipes down the lid and doesn't bother to lift it and wipe the..er..splatters...

Corrie Howe said...

I go on these terrors where I angrily start calling names and kicking butt about all the stuff around the house. My problem is that I, in fact act like the maid too often and then expect them to know when I'm done playing.