Followers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Motivation Needed

Alrighty now, let’s get with the program!!  What program you ask??  The one over at Lose It Bitches!!  That’s the PROGRAM!!

I swore I wasn’t going to give up.  I took the oath of lifestyle changes for Pete’s sake!!  I said I was going to lose weight, eat healthy, exercise 3 times a week and all the other crazy-ass shit I promised…….then………

Ahhh….then what happened?  I found myself fighting the spouse just so I could go downstairs sans kids and walk on the treadmill.  I found myself wanting to pummel the toddlers for having one foot on the Wii balance board as I’m trying to get “measured”.  I found myself sneaking an oreo cookie when no one was around because if no one sees it, IT DIDN’T HAPPEN!!!  Right??

Wrong!!

Even though this past week I have a legitimate reason for not concentrating on my fucking diet  lifestyle changes….I was sick….sick as in when I blew my nose I thought half my brain had come out.  Sick as in I needed to put a hazardous waste bag in my car for all the snot rags.  But now I’m feeling better and I’m still not on track.  At least I am aware of that, right??

So, last week the weight lost was ZERO with a capital Z.  I absolutely can’t have this.  I will NOT accept this.  No way, no how!!  But how will I accomplish my goals?  Will I tie up the toddlers?? 

Will I threaten the spouse with no hanky panky if I don’t get to exercise??  Hmmmmm…..that might just work! 

Regardless, I have to get back on track.  And I have to get back on the damn treadmill and hopefully not end up like this:

7 comments:

Kellyansapansa said...

Hey, we all have bad weeks. The point is, you haven't lost your motivation. You need to get hubby to help you MAKE IT HAPPEN! Good luck :o)

Kat said...

OH don't worry...I will be getting back on track this week as well. Monday...That's my "restart" day. This so SUCKS!

Good luck!!

BNM said...

ive had a very bad week this week too! got so off track!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Meg said...

Forget about the bad week and concentrate on the good one to come. Now that you've finished exploding your brain, you'll have all this pent up energy just dying to get out right?

Lisa said...

Nomnomnomnom...Huh? Were you saying something? I couldn't hear you over my crunching the entire row of Girl Scout cookies I am stuffing in my mouth.

LOL. At least you are trying and care. Way ahead of me.

Hang in there sweetie. Did you know that interruptions in regluar sleep habits (oh, I don't know, like NIGHT SHIFTS) can impact weight loss and can promote weight gain?

Don't be so hard on yourself. Love ya, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm off track, too. But those two oreos and the hot cocoa were worth it!

Menopausal New Mom said...

Don't stress out! I just got back from a three-week vacation but I'm back on track now. Life happens and sometimes it just doesn't work with our weight loss goals. We've all been there but the ones who are successful at losing their weight are so because they kept trying!