Well, well, well….I think I’m way behind in doing this, but I feel that if I don’t, I will be a Baaaaaad Bloggie Bud, and I certainly don’t wanna be in THAT category!! So, here’s my attempt at catching up on my awards that I’ve received from such awesome people!! I will apologize in advance for this being so long, but I didn’t want to leave anyone out. I’ve learned my lesson…DO NOT procrastinate on this shit!!
These are in no particular order, because that would show how far behind I am. I will NOT even tell you WHEN I received these because that is just shameful on my part! But here I go!!
First I received the Cheese Award from Linda over at The Good, The Bad, The Worse. I was somewhat concerned because I think of cheese and I think of cholesterol, and arteries blocking, and fat…and, well, you get the picture! Anyways, the idea of the award is that your blog “Feels Like Home”….I think. I’m gonna stick with that! I think the award originated from Nicky over at We Work For Cheese….and somehow she is related….so Linda says….anyways….here it is! My CHEESE!!
I also received the Sunshine Award from Linda AND my Sis (just yesterday, so there!!) You can find my Sis over at 2010-Year of Miracles…and after the week she just had, she needs you to come visit A.S.A.P. and give her some love!! Seriously…..
I recently received a new award that I haven’t seen before…from Sammy over at To Unravel. It’s the Versatile Blogger Award!! Get this…he called me a “clown'”!! I think this was a good “clown”….I hope so!! Also, he made note that I devirginized his blogging award cherry! Yesssss! I’m the bomb!!
Anyclown, here’s the award, and you must go visit Sammy….seriously…and make sure you check out some of the pics there!! Tattoos…beautiful family pics….even Ke$sha….hmmmm…..Oh…and he’s half Jamaican!!! Enuf said…
Then there is this “Mad Woman” who is the mom of FOUR over at Still On The Verge…..I wonder what she’s on the verge OF with FOUR kids….I can only imagine. My THREE have put me over the edge!!
Anyways, she gave me the Honest Scrap Award. I love this award, because if nothing else, I’m honest!! I may talk “scrap” or “crap” or even “smack”, but it’s honestly honest!!
Then I received THREE…..count them….ONE, TWO, THREE of the Happy 101 Award!!
Mike is a hoot…I’m telling ya. He tells it like it is. Right now he’s in the waiting period for baby number FOUR!! Oh yeah…NUMBER FOUR! He’s gonna be joining the Mad Woman from On The Verge pretty soon….cuz he’s gonna be on the verge of something for sure!! Go…give this fine man some love on his blog…he needs your emotional bloggie support!!
Lisa is just too damn fun to not visit!! You can even find her on Twitter as @LadyWanderlust with Mike @realdadshangout!! Seriously, if you like to tweet, these two can make your mornings bearable, and your evenings a hell of a lot of fun!!
Then there’s Lourie….her blog says she is a CEO, a writer, an MD, a Lawyer, a Ref, a Taxi, and a Chef!!! WTF??? This lady is certainly way more talented than I am!! Go see!! You might be able to get some pointers…..
Ok, I think that is all the awards I need to be thankful for at this moment….whew!! Now….for the rules….
FYI…I don’t like this part….
For the Sunshine Award I have to share 7 things about me..
That’s 2 x 7 = 14
Wow…14 things about me. Really?
For the Happy 101 award I have to tell you 10 things that make me happy.
That’s 10 x 3 = 30
Really?? Who has 30 things that make them happy??
For the Honest Scrap Award I have to share 8 things about me.
+14 (from the sunshine award)
22 things about ME!
For the Versatile Blogger Award I am supposed to share another 7 things about me.
More math people!! 8 (from the Honest Scrap)
+14 (from the 2 Sunshine awards)
+ 7 (from the Versatile Blogger)
28 things about me!
Ya know what I think? I think it’s time to make MY OWN RULES!!
I will tell you a few things about me, but when I run out….I run out. End of story!
- I have 3 children. The oldest is 12…almost 13. The middle one is 3 1/2 and the baby is 2.
- I have a cockatiel that is somewhere around 18 years old. I had no idea birds lived this long! I swear he lives on NOTHING….I never feed him, never change his water…and god forbid, DON’T CLEAN THE CAGE!!!
- I used to think my bird was a “he” until “he” started laying eggs.
- I still call my bird “he” or “him” when referring to him. I can’t change my thinking.
- I have been married to my spouse for almost 4 years.
- Before that I was married for 8 years.
- Before that I was married for 9 months.
- You can stop judging now…..
- Only ONE of those ended in divorce. The other was til death do us part.
- I hope my current marriage never ends!!
- I live in a small house that used to be big enough for me and one dog. Now the house is a little cramped with me, the spouse, 3 kids and a bird with an attitude.
- Our yard is big though…so if we need to get away we go outside.
- If it’s cold outside I hide in the bathroom.
- I seriously love blogging and all the people I have met through the blogs. This is my relaxation. This is where I come to let it all out.
Ok…I don’t know how many that is…and I’m not counting either. The previous math did me in.
I think now is when I tell you
30 some things that make me happy….I will just roll with it, if I make it to 30, yeah me!! If not….well, then that’s just sad. Here I go!
- My kids (that counts as THREE)
- My spouse
- My profession as a nurse
- The fact that I don’t have a negative balance in my checking account
- My friends at Caribou Coffee that call me by name (that counts for 4 more)
- White Chocolate Mochas No Whip Please make me extremely happy!!
- I’m happy I have a few good friends in real life and many online friends.
- I’m happy for the people that text me back quickly. (I despise waiting…..)
- And I’m happy I HAVE people that text me all day long…seriously! It’s a wonderful distraction!
- I’m happy for My Little Man’s silly ways.
- I’m happy for my tween’s sense of humor.
- I’m happy for my Lil Lady’s intelligence although it seems to have gotten in the way of her potty-training. (she’s too smart for that!)
- I’m happy my wifi is back up…damn I was jonesing for my iPod fix!!
- I’m happy for good medicine that took my headache away today, if only for a short while.
- I’m happy for a warm bed to sleep in at night.
- I’d be happier if the Lil Lady didn’t think she needed to sleep in it too.
Ok….I think I could probably go on and on…seriously, I never knew I was this happy. Shit…I thought I was a cranky ole biotch!! I’m happy to learn that I’m not!! (hey! that’s another happy note!!)
Now, I need to pass this along. To how many?? Oh hell, I don’t know….I think I’m going to pick a few that have not already been mentioned in this post. Then they can go
badger award their bloggie friends! Wait! I got it! I’m going to go find FIVE new blogs and then pass these awards to them! How about that? AND I’m gonna find them through the people that gave me the awards!
They are MY rules, so be quiet.
I’ll be back shortly…………………….
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………Ok…here we go!!
First I will give the Sunshine Award to the sweet lady over at I Heart Bowheads. I found her through 2010-Year of Miracles. I don’t think she NEEDS the sunshine because if you see her pics of her children on her blog, you will know she has enough. But….I think she deserves it for being a wonderful mom!!
Next…I am giving the Cheese Award to Ali at Mommie Life. I found her through Linda. I read her last post and at first I thought “OMG!! A shock collar!!!???” But…then I saw this nice lady tried it herself first, so don’t go judging people!! Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!! Also, she’s got a cute little baby….GO SEE for yourself!!
Ahhh…The Versatile Blogger Award…..who the hell shall I give THIS to??? How about…..drum roll please……
…….Mr. Stupid at Stupidation!!! I found him through Sammy’s blog. First I picked him because I just liked his avatar….and that he’s honest enough to call himself Mr. Stupid. Then I got to reading his blog and I was laughing my ass off. Seriously….You need to go meet Mr. Stupid! Thank you, Sammy, for leading me to him!
Ok, last one…the Happy 101 award goes to Mrsbear over at Outnumbered Two to One!! This lady has guts! I’m telling you….she really does!! She posted a pic….make-up FREE!!! OMG! And ya know what? She’s beautiful :) Go take a peek! (Oh, and I found her through the Mad Woman at Still on The Verge!)
Ok…I think that is all my awards….was that 5 new blogs?? Yes, I think it was. Now those of you that received the award, these are the rules:
There are NO RULES!!
Just pick up your award and do what you want with it. Enjoy. You all deserve the mentions!