Followers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sick, Sick and Sick

So sorry I’ve been MIA for a few days…seems like weeks, doesn’t it?  I swear, it’s only been a few days…I think.  Shit, who the fuck knows!  All I know is that from last ummmm…Wednesday, I think, we have been taken over by snot, coughs, puking and diarrhea!

What the Hell??

(Link up)

3988295973_2650b2eed0_m

WTF I say!!  Seriously…how could one 2 1/2 year old Little Man start with a cough and low-grade fever and then it travels to the Lil Lady but she decided she had to out-do him and add the puking….

Then Little Man must have thought “oh HELL NO,  Sistah!  I can do better than that!”  And he added puking AND fucking diarrhea.

WTF??

Last weekend was filled with puking and diarrhea…puking….diarrhea….fevers….SNOT….puking…..

There was no Halloween for these two little ones…nope.  No candy, no costumes…no trick or treating.  My oldest got to go so that was nice that she got candy that we can all enjoy when she’s not looking.  But no….the little ones missed Halloween because of the fucking flu!

 

pumpkin-puke

 

I haven’t been feeling well in the “abdominal area” for a few weeks, but I had it under control.  A bit of Gas-X, and bit of Peptobismol and nobody knew my innards were in knots for weeks.

These nice little candy buckets that we were saving for WEEKS to collect their treats in….

 

buckets

 

…yep, we used them as PUKE buckets!!  Nasty??  Yes, I agree, but when you run out of towels and washcloths to clean up the puke messes, you have to resort to something.  This, of course, was the spouse’s idea.  I went along with it only because I couldn’t handle not one more puke-filled towel….I just over-looked the fact that these buckets originally contained nuggets and fries.  That fact ALONE makes me want to puke!

I think it was Monday this week that the spouse came home feeling “queasy”…yep…it was Monday.  He went right to bed.  I dealt with the 2 little ones which was ok because there wasn’t any more puking going on, just a bunch of crankiness.  BUT…get this, the teen came home from school and began puking from that point until about midnight.  She slept on the floor in the hallway…

 

floor

Ugh!  How much more can I take? 

With my stomach still in knots, my innards twisted upon each other….I seeeeriously wanted to get a hotel somewhere away from these germs! 

Then came Tuesday….

I woke up fucking sick!!!

WHAT THE EFF-ING HELL???

I spent all day in bed except for the runs to the bathroom.  I slept and slept.  I nearly passed out in the bathroom at one point but I think this was because I was refusing to puke.  No WAY was I gonna puke.  I DO NOT PUKE! 

I didn’t puke.  (and I didn’t pass out either)

Yeahhh Me!!

Aaaand….as I type this the spouse just came and told me Little Man just puked AGAIN!!

WHAT THE HELL, MR. ROTOVIRUS?? 

Seriously…I can’t take any more of this.  And me…being a nurse…I Don’t. Do. Puke.  I’ve puked right along with patients before because I couldn’t very well leave their bedside just because they were puking, now could I?  But with the kids…ummm…I confess that I scream my bloody head off for the spouse when they puke because for some reason HE can handle it.  I….can….NOT.

Ahhhh well…..there ya have it.  I’m up to my eyeballs in puke and snot and diarrhea.  I haven’t worked except for a few hours on Monday, and it doesn’t look like I’ll be seeing patients tomorrow either.  I wonder if I can still get paid?  Probably not…

You might find me on some street corner holding up a sign…

 

sexbooze

Ooops…wrong sign….

How about this one?

 

homelesschild

 

I’m just at my wits end.  Stuck between trying to keep Manny hydrated myself, or should we take him to the ER for a round of IV fluids?  The problem is, you go to the ER because you think it’s serious enough because this is your BABY, and the ER sends you  home saying “He’ll be fine”…and you pay a few hundred bucks for them to tell you this.  Ugh…does this little boy LOOK FINE to you?

 

sickMan

 

My poor Little Man….

I give it one more day.  That is all, just ONE more day and it’s off to the ER.

Wish us luck! 

Oh, and if you feel the need to sanitize after reading this post, I won’t be offended in anyway. 

Happ…..errr….ummm….Yep, it’s Wednesday!!

8 comments:

Kat said...

Man, when your household gets sick, it gets SICK!! I hope everyone gets to feeling better and the only good thing about this is you should be fine for Christmas!! :)

Stacy said...

OMG that's just awful!!! I hope that virus goes away and leaves you all healthy!!

Thanks for joining us today!!

Rebecca said...

This sounds horrible...I seriously hope you guys get out from under this virus really soon!!!

I get not being able to handle puke too...Husband does all that ish.

One Photo said...

That is just horrendous. I hope your little man feels better tomorrow. Stomach flu is the worst of nightmares.

We are busy exchanging cold germs back and forth my daughter and I, heading into week three of that but that is nothing compared with dealing with Mr Rotavirus!

Frugal Vicki said...

Oh, poor babies missing Halloween, that just sucks! I hate that illnesses just keep going round and round the house. I tend to buy a few cans of lysol and spray away.

And now I am off to shower.

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Good luck!

Poor babies.

I can't handle puke either. I will take a handful of gravol and drink a pot of scalding peppermint tea to avoid it.

Lourie said...

So sorry. Hopefully everyone is on the mend now.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Good luck!

I hope everyone is doing better.