Followers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It’s a New Year

I finally did it.  That’s right, I took the initiative to make my situation better.  You see, for the last year I have been working full-time hours for part time pay.  This, my friends, basically SUCKS!!

Some may THINK that seniority with a company is good thing, but I know better.  Because I was the employee that had the most years in with this company, of course I was getting paid higher.  As with most companies that are trying to fuck over their employees save their company from failing, my employer did what they had to do.  They took patients from me and gave them to a new hire that was most likely getting paid less to do the same job.  BUT….could she do it as well as I could??  Maybe….maybe not.

Granted, the company I was working for was a small company…run by husband, the accountant, and wife, the Nursing Supervisor…

 

DonkeyWatching

 

But seriously….what good is seniority??  What good is loyalty??  I gave my patients 110% each and every day.  I’ve been seeing the same ones it seems like forever….they are like family to me.

But I did what I had to do….I found another job.  One that will make up for the income I’ve lost.  One with benefits.  One that still allows me to work with the elderly population which is my forte. 

I quit the homecare.  I can NOT believe I did it.  I really didn’t want to do it.  I love that job.  I love the people.  I love the flexibility.  My supervisor??  Not so much.

When I resigned, I explained to my supervisor (she is also the owner of the company) that this all started with her taking away my patients.  She didn’t seem to comprehend.  I told her I’ve been sinking because of the lower income.  She just looked at me….

 

donkey1

 

I told her when they took my monthly benefits check of $400 from me right before Christmas…that was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

She said she couldn’t believe I was leaving.  She even recalled that I have been there for THIRTEEN years…even longer….”Oh my gosh….” is what she said.   “I can’t believe this….” came next….

Then…

 

donkey-776593

 

Really??  You really can’t believe I’m leaving after you sunk my ass into bankruptcy?  Wow…amazing.

She insisted I give a 4 week notice which made me have to tell my new employer that I would have to wait to start.  That seemed to be ok with them.  I managed to get my vacation time out of my employer which was good.  I worked 2 weeks of my 4-week notice.

Those 2 weeks were heart-breaking.  I cried.  My patients cried.  I cried some more.  I tell you again, they are FAMILY to me.

I explained to my patients that I had a weeks vacation coming up and then the week after that would be my last week.  I prepared them the best I could.  I told them I’d be back…ONE MORE TIME.  They would relax after hearing that.  They felt better knowing they had one more visit with me.  It didn’t make them happy, but they were consoled for the time being.

THEN….

Oh just hear this….

My supervisor calls me the Thursday of the week before my vacation week.  Remember, this would be the end of week 2 of my notice.  Week three was vacation, and week 4 was to be my last week visiting my patients.  My supervisor tells me, as if it’s no big deal, that the Friday of my SECOND WEEK could be my last day.

What the HOLY FUCK??  Seriously??  I just told all my patients that I had one more visit with them!  And the ones that I still had to see the following day didn’t even know yet that I was resigning!!

I was furious.  She said it was because she had them all covered for my vacation week, so why not leave it at that instead of giving them back to me for one more week…..???  Unfuckingbelieveable!!

I cried.

I called all my patients and explained. 

They cried.

We cried together.

So very very sad. 

That Friday I took all my stuff in to the office.  I handed it to my supervisor.  I just looked at her.  She told me if she had enough new cases to give me that would give me all of them.  She said she hated that I was leaving. 

 

imagesCAGYMO57

She. Gave. Me. A. Gift!!!

 

imagesCAX16EZX

????

I don’t get it.  I told her it was BECAUSE of HER taking my patients in the first place that this all started the downhill slide to my resignation.

She still DID NOT GET IT!

GET A FUCKING CLUE!!!

I somehow think she is playing a game.  She can’t be THAT dense, can she?  Seriously….she runs a fucking business!!  Too bad she has forgotten how it is to be the nurse out there taking care of the elderly.  Too bad she had lost her compassion. 

Too bad the almighty dollar has made her into such an uncaring individual.  (Yes, I’m trying to be nice…and professional….but FUCK!!  it’s hard!)  I feel sorry for her.  She is definitely NOT the person that hired me 13 or so years ago.  She definitely has lost her “spirit”. 

So, this week I’ve been fielding calls from my former patients that are not happy with their new nurses (one being my supervisor!), and doctor’s offices that state they are getting no response at the office when they call….asking who is taking over….asking who will draw the blood….asking why on earth did you quit????

Ahh….such is life.  Too bad Too bad Too bad!! 

Next week I start my new job. 

Am I nervous?  Hell yeah!!  I’ve been doing the same thing for 13 years….driving from house to house, shopping whenever I feel like it….

Oh man….I’m a nervous fucking wreck. 

I wonder if I can get an order for Xanax or something….since I’ve already passed my pre-employment drug screen…..Hmmmm……

Actually….I CAN do this.  Yes. I. Can.

Just watch me!! 

I will be the Little Engine That Could….

 

 

Happy Wednesday!! 

 

If you’d like to Pour Your Heart Out about something, go link up with Shell over at Things I Can’t Say.  Give her some love over there!  She deserves it!

 

pouryourheartout

6 comments:

Shell said...

She is totally clueless! That really sucks that she put you into the position where you needed to quit.

Much luck at your new job!

Nikki Darlin' said...

WOW!! I'm sorry you had to quit. That really sucks. But congrats on your new job and good luck!

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Yikes! Sounds like you're MUCH better off. It's dreadful working for idiots, isn't it? Good luck at your new job! Don't be nervous! Go show 'em your stuff!!

gayle said...

I am sure you will do great at your new job!

Steph @ Thoughts From Cali said...

Well good luck with your new position! I am sure you will do great

Kat said...

You are going to do just GREAT at the new place! I am so excited for you! This is a great opportunity to help even more elderly than you already were. And I think you're going to like it. Forget about the donkey. :)