Followers

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

SAHM for a Day

Okay…I am home with the snot mongers little ones today because Lil Lady has a case of the “snots”.  I felt it was wrong to send her to the sitter’s with snot dripping down her face and her upper lip and right side of her face all chapped from her wiping her snot on her sleeve.  I keep telling her…”Dab, Lil…just DAB!”  Geesh!

 lilli

 

I know…she doesn’t LOOK sick and I’m sure the sitter would have Lysolled her or something to prevent the spreading of germs, but I just wasn’t sure.

I haven’t been home alone with the kids for so long that I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do.  Usually both the spouse and I are home together, or I’m hiding out behind Caribou working my butt off while he’s home playing with the kids.  When we are both home I have it all handled.  I make sure they eat….I make sure they aren’t breaking anything…and I make sure the spouse is aware when I say, “I think Manny stinks.”  I even follow through with “Did you change the stinky one?” if I still smell it less than 3 minutes later.  (Follow-through is the most important aspect of the Mom’s job….)

I let Little Man sleep in as long as he wanted today.  His first words when he got up and saw me were, “Mommie!!!  Are we home??”  This means, “We don’t have to go to Bobbie’s today?”  Yes….Man, we are home.  So sweet to see how happy he was to be home with me.

Then….

Then he became the demon from god knows where.  It started off with him standing on the puppy.  Yes, STANDING on the puppy.  Ok, so Cali is a BIG puppy, but still….”Don’t fucking stand on my  puppy!!”

 

Cali6monthsCali at 6 months

 

Then Lil Lady tried to sweet talk him into giving her his Nintendo DS by giving him MY iPod.  Oh Helllllll Noooooo, little girl!!!! 

Little Man has this new seriously annoying little quirk about him….he sticks his tongue out and talks….I call it “baby talk”.  Yes, he is 2 1/2…to some people that IS still a baby, but when he’s been talking NOT like a baby for a while, to then START talking like a baby…well, it’s pretty much irritating as all fuck!  The spouse clucked him under the chin the other day causing him to bite his tongue just a smidgen….Nope, that didn’t cure him yet…dagnabbit!

This too shall pass…..

Right??

I must admit, these 2 really do have quite the imaginations.  This….

 

rocking chair ….is a “Rocket Ship”.

 

These….

 

aliens

alien2

 

 

 

 

….are “captured aliens”.

 

Today I have learned who the characters on Little Bear are.  I could have sworn the girl was “Elizabeth”….I was wrong.  Her name is Emily…and the doll is Lucy….Can I just add that Little Bear is the most annoying cartoon on this planet??  Seriously…can we speed it up a bit?  I could tell that whole story in like 2 minutes and not drag it out for a gawd-damn half hour!  I absolutely recommend Little Bear if you are having difficulty sleeping.  I bet it works better than Restoril.

Lil Lady was educating me on ALL the cartoons.  She is amazing!  Sometimes I wonder how she knows all that she does.  She even recalls that Rosebud from “Airbuddies” is from Fernfield and that we need to go there so we can bring Rosebud home to be Cali’s friend.  She must take after me, that’s all I can say.  And Little Man…..??  He takes after the Sicilian side of the family….

 

 

Another thing I learned today is that the snow is really pretty when you are INSIDE looking out……

 

snowinside

 

…..instead of driving in it like I have been the past week or so!!

 

snow4

 

So, being a SAHM for a day wasn’t so bad, but I can tell you this….if I had to do it everyday…..

 

insanity1

 

On second thought, here in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Sake, we sort of have our own rules when it comes to disorders of the mental kind….

 

insanity2

 

Happy Wednesday!

Back to work tomorrow for me….I hope!   

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Snot is gross...it's amazing how much these little creatures actually produce.

Matt stands on Dog sometimes...I find it amusing.

The video of the spinning is hysterical, but vaguely reminded me of the Exorcist!

BNM said...

its been so long since i visited your blog I am sorry! I had a clusterfuck of blogs i was following and was missing out on the ones i WANT to read.. anyway

I love your kids imaginations that is too sweet.. oh and the baby talk drives me nuts too! But id have to say max & ruby is the most annoying cartoon EVER! lol

Kat said...

Oh that was hysterical! LOL! I'm glad you had fun!

Kellyansapansa said...

Wow, sounds like a seriously challenging day. Hope you had a great Christmas!