Followers

Friday, December 10, 2010

Leftovers Anyone?

So, I found a new MeMe….Friday Night Leftovers!  How cool is that?  I figured I would play along since all you have to do is link up and share the random thoughts swimming in your head…and yes, we all know I have tons of those, yes??

Link on up if you’d like…over at Sippy Cups!

 

leftoversbutton

 

My Random Thoughts from This Morning….and just about every morning for that matter…..

Can someone please tell me how the furkle I am supposed to get a crazy-ass puppy in her cage and TWO little monsters out the door in a timely manner each morning so I can start my work day??

Seriously….I leave the Little Man in his crib for as long as I can because I dread hearing, “I don’t wanna go to Bobbie’s.  Are we home??”  Yes, these are his exact words.  Bobbie is the babysitter and I don’t think there is anything wrong with her…it’s just not where Little Man wants to be. 

Lil Lady gets her own boots on while I have one more smoke in the bathroom take a moment to collect my wits before I get the Little Man up. 

I get Lil Lady’s coat on.  Fill the treat ball for the crazy puppy.  I have to have something to throw into her cage as we make our mad dash out the door before she starts yapping.  I canNOT stand the yapping and whining as I go out the door.  That includes yapping and whining from ANY ONE….including the spouse.

I get Lil Lady’s coat on.

I get Little Man out of his crib.

“I don’t wanna go to Bobbie’s.  Are we home?”  Got his coat on…his hat….he got his boots on.  I take the boots off and put them on the right feet…..

Me:  “Man, we are home right now but we ARE going to Bobbie’s.”

Pouty face starts.  Crocodile tears fill up in his big eyes.

“I don’t wanna go to Bobbie’s.  Are we home???”

Oh Dear me….”Man, we are going to Bobbie’s and then we will be home later, after I work.”

Coats are on, treat ball is ready to roll…Cali puppy is jumping around us trying to get the treat ball….Manny goes one way, Lil Lady goes the other….I try to get them lined up at the door while I throw the treat ball in and latch the door on the crate.

Shit, I’m sweating….out the door we go!!!  Whooohooooo!

Fuck….forgot my coat…..it freezing out!!   Yep….it’s winter-ish outside….I’m not used to wearing a coat yet, even with the kazilliion inches of snow we received this week.

At the garage door they wait while I go back in for my coat….

 

lilli&manny

 

I get Little Man secured in his car seat.

“I don’t wanna go to Bobbie’s.  Are we home??????”

Oh Lord….”Man…..gimme a break, will ya???”

Lil Lady pipes in….”Mom….I gotta pee….”

WTF??  Seriously?  Do you think you could have mentioned that BEFORE the coats were on?  BEFORE the puppy was caged??  BEFORE I had your little brother secure in his car seat with the car running to warm up???  Do YA THINK that might have been helpful, Lil Lady???

 

lillipotty

Tapping my foot….tap…tap….tap…..Oh dear me, I will die a million kazillion times if Little Man has gotten out of his car seat……

Seriously…..

It takes a good half hour to get OUT of the house….another 15 minutes in the garage getting them buckled in….

Another 5 as I rearrange my shit on the front seat because I must have OCD or something but everything has to be just so…..

And then….the whole way there……”do we go this way?”   “no, it’s this way!”….”No!!!  THIS way!!!”  ”how do you know??”  “Because I am 4!  and you are 2!”   “Oh…I yam a big boy.” 

Lil Lady says, “Bobbie’s is THIS way!!!”

“I don’t wanna go to Bobbie’s.  Are we home??”

Yep, Little Man…you are my big boy.  And Lil Lady…You are 4 but do you have to remind Manny where we are going???

And THIS, my dear friends, happens EVERY morning.  How does everyone else do it?  Is it possible to get out of the house any quicker than this?  Do you have mornings that can compare to my chaos?

And everyone wonders why the first place my car goes after leaving the house is HERE:

 

cariboudrivethruCaribou Coffee Drive-Through

 

It’s a No-Brainer!!

Have a great Weekend!!

6 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Visiting from Friday Night Leftovers and so glad I am. You are funny! Now your latest follower.

Cheers.

Sarah said...

From FNL...

My mornings don't compare to that, though I go through my own version of hell when struggling to get out of the house on time!

Nikki Darlin' said...

Wow I guess I have a lot of fun to look forward to.

Kat said...

I don't know how you do it. Seriously, I would not be able to. I do not have the patience for that crap. Nope. Not anymore!

Danifred said...

I am so glad you decided to join play this week! I love reading new blogs :)
I though I was the only one who was drenched in sweat before getting in the car in the mornings to go to work. I swear I run up and down the stairs for "one more thing" no less than ten times on our busy mornings. Getting kids out the door should be an Olympic sport.

Rebecca said...

This exhausted me and then all of the sudden, I was in line at the dunkin donuts drive thru...I guess you could call yourself inspirational.