Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Change? Hell No!

I logged onto my blog the other day and noticed it didn’t look like my blog.  Instead of 3 columns, there was one….and the rest of my stuff was sitting down below all my posts.

If you know me, and even if you don’t, you can imagine my anxiety. 

I spent all of Monday evening trying to fix it.

I spent all of Tuesday evening trying to fix it.

Anxiety??

I was more than anxious.

I was PISSED OFF!

I wanted my old template back and I wanted it back NOW.

I tried consulting Real Dad…..

Oh, yeah….he asked if I was certain I wasn’t putting my things in the “footer widget” or something like that.

I told him I was sure.

Then I informed him kindly…..if he didn’t figure this out I was going to footer HIM in the WIDGET!

He then thought he’d get all technical on me and started talking some computer lingo about getting into my backend or something like that.  He said I could change my password when he was done.

 

ahem

 

I do not like change.

I go to the same gas station, the same pump, buy the exact same amount of gas each time, shop at the same grocery store, go to the same coffee shop and order the same damn thing every every EVERY day…..

Change sucks.

I spent all of Wednesday evening trying to fix it.

I DESPISE change.

I tried starting from scratch but this also did not work.

Mr. Sake enters the room.  He sees I am stressing out.  He sees I’m about to cry.  He sees that he needs to step in and take over. 

 

i got it

Mr. Sake also hates change. 

Mr. Sake also knows that if this issue isn’t fixed like A.S.A.P. there is going to be hell to pay until it IS fixed.

Mr. Sake also doesn’t have any experience with Blogger.  Or Wordpress.  Or Anyothertypeofbloggingservice.

I was scared.

Even though I do not get to blog as often as I would like, I take pride in my design. 

There is not enough Xanax in the world to calm my ass down.

Here’s me all youdon’tknowwhatthefuckyouaredoing and youcouldscrewupthewholedamnthingworsethanitis!!!

I just KNOW he’s gonna fuck it up.

I’m sorry, honey….you scare me sometimes.

It has something to do with you acting before thinking.  Then saying “I didn’t know THAT would happen….”

 

 images (14)

 

It’s been a full moon.

So, 3 days, 22 hours, 248 minutes, 22 xanax and 918 seconds later….

SUCCESS!

I don’t know how.

I don’t know when.

I don’t know if I could ever fix it again.

I DO know I saved the fucking template this time.

Booyah!!!

Bastards!!

3 comments:

Real Dad said...

Hahaha.....that is the line I use on all the women I encounter asking me to help fix their blogs!

K Meyer said...

LMAO!! Too funny!

Rebecca said...

Love this...I hate change too!